Can the 6D handle a Wedding?

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Dale Garman Contributing Member • Posts: 749
Re: Can the 6D handle a Wedding?

Everything I have seen suggests the 6D will be terrific for weddings.  However, one key variable might be how much time you have before the event to get familiar with the FF, the ISO performance, the changes in DOF, the changes in which lens work for your effect.  I think there will be an adjustment, and some missed shots, getting used to it.  So I would just make sure to allow quite a bit of playing time before.

You didn't ask this, but I would make sure you are ready to shoot a wedding.  It's not like taking a few pictures here and there.  It moves fast, often in poor backgrounds and poor lighting, and most events only happen once, and so if you miss it, it's gone.  Have you done some wedding work before either as a second or responsbile for the whole thing?  So some unsolictied thoughts:

• definitely need two cameras, both as backup, and to avoid switching lenses
  • need two flashes, again for backup. 
  • Assistant is very helpful to help gather people, to hold lights if you are shooting remote, take addtional coverage.

Good luck

Dale Garman's gear list:Dale Garman's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow