how to respond when asked "why don't you get a DSLR?"

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
cptrios Senior Member • Posts: 1,352
Re: how to respond when asked "why don't you get a DSLR?"

davect01 wrote:

Glenn wrote:

I For one don't believe there are pictures that can't be taken with a NEX in general photography even wit a manual lens attached. but there are cameras (DSLR'S) that make some things a heck of a lot easier.

Very true. As much as I love my NEX, there are still some shots made easier with a DSLR.

-- hide signature --

Novice photobug, proud NEX-3 owner
http://davesnex-3photos.blogspot.com/

Yeah it serves no one to dismiss DSLRs entirely. Both types of camera have their place. If you're shooting portraits, landscapes, or street candids, there isn't much reason not to use a mirrorless camera. But sports that require pro telephoto lenses, fast AF, and tracking? Weddings and other events that require a workhorse camera that can take a beating? (Not that you couldn't shoot a wedding with a NEX...I just wouldn't rest a whole business on one.) Still well inside the DSLR realm. That might change someday, but not yet.

Of course, I'm firmly in the mirrorless camp now, but I don't need fast AF and do need small cameras. So it's a no-brainer for me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow