Safe for Canadian to buy lenses from US store?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat
motionfull Junior Member • Posts: 40
Safe for Canadian to buy lenses from US store?

Hello,

I am buying Sigma lenses from B&H in US. I am worried about warranty in Canada and the quality of the lenses. The savings are great. Less than half the cost of Canadian stores even with shipping. The lenses come with one year Sigma International warranty with the 19mm and 1 year US with the 30mm. If there is something wrong with them out of the box, though, B&H would replace them within 30 days. I called Sigma Canada and they said they honor that but have to return to the US Sigma (for the 30mm). There 10-year warranty internationally just have to pay $50 (no sense as I am buying both for 200).

The person from Sigma Canada WARNED me, that some Canadians who bought lenses from "major" US stores complained they were defected and the stores kind of depended that most Canadian customers would hesitate to go through the trouble of shipping returns.

Any experience buying lenses from this store, Canadians?

Thank you.

P.s: Apology for duplicate post. I posted this as a question then could not see it and re-posted here. Now I see both.

Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow