Original 12.8mp 5d thoughts.

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k Forum Pro • Posts: 10,350
Re: Original 12.8mp 5d thoughts.

MAC wrote:

Sovern wrote:

hisway86 wrote:

Looking to get an original 5d Seeing what I should look out for when buying a used 5d. anyone know any good places to get good deals other then ebay on the camera looking to spend around 600 if that on the body. What do I need to pay attention to when buying an old camera like this.

I'd go with KEH Camera, 6 month warranty and 14 day return policy can not be beaten on a used camera.

Craigslist and Ebay seems like a huge risk in retrospect.

Shutter goes within 6 months? No big deal send it back but if you bought it from someone on CL or Ebay you're screwed.

I just had a shutter go on me from a camera that I bought off of CL I would not buy a used camera from an individual seller ever again unless I knew them.

Keh is good.

I sold good stuff to keh

I have several lenses to sell. I tried the Keh (that I only heard recently) to get an idea. But the quoted prices are way too low. Is a marketplace or the only option is to sell to the shop (that usually will not be good)? Heard bad stories in Craigslit, a bit of dangerous to me. I guess eBay is still the best place for me to sell (and buy) despite has to pay those fees. It's much safer and likely still can sell at the best price.

I'd buy from keh

I'd buy from craigslist if I got to check it out like GB said.

I bought my 5dc from ebay and had the shutter replaced, mirror reinforced, and body adjusted and cleaned for $215. $1000 + $215 ain't bad for the last 3 years - $400 depreciation in three years -- where else can one get FF for that

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow