DP3M Poll: Who's interested?

Started Jan 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,970
Re: DP3M Poll: Who's interested?

KyleSlamchez wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

Do you honestly think that one can shootmodels with a LCD only model?

Could you expound upon this?

Of course I can

The point is all the DPM's would benefit from an EVF  . First of all when you are shooting outside in sunny situations , lcd can be very difficult to see your subject, which means you will miss a lot if shots because if that. It seems to me that the recent OLED fare better than the LCD  on that score but the SIGMA DPM's have a LCD ...and not a very good one at that. The LCD on my 3 year old GXR. Is waaayyy better

if you shoot with the do1m , because the field is wider , you have a better chance to include your subject and  you can use an external Ovf , hoping that you can guess on which point the camera is going to focus

but on the Dp3 , when shooting a portrait a smaller move of the camera is going to be more detrimental to your composition. There are on the market one or two 75mm external OVF. But with the parallax it is not a great way to work because most images are going to have the main subject at a shorter distance than on a dp1m

let s not firget that the dpm's also do not have IS. Which is going to amplify lack of sharpness due to shake amplified by holding the camera the way you have when you need to look at the LCD

i am sure a fraction of  DP1 or DP2 users would buy a dp3 but truth is SIGMA  misses a great opportunity to widen its customer base by providing a compact carry- everywhere camera specially for portaits

Think about it : there are several serious fixed lens camera on the market but  one with a small tele lens for portaits ?

talk about missed opportunities

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow