GR Digital V has an APS-C sensor

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 31,885
Re: Only old and boring if images are old and boring...

Midwest wrote:

We have five children - all adults now. I remember when the first one came home it took all morning to give him his first bath. Later is was more like throw them in the tub, here is a bar of soap, go wash yourself ... (well almost)

Must get back to my tank - the 50mm f1.2. Until I get used to the Cannybone it is easier just to flap around with the cheap plastic fantastic that doesn't really do that bad a job.

Getting smart I tried a Revuenon 50mm f1.4 M42 lens (made by Tomioka). Miserable old miser-me thought I might get a manual focus 53mm f1.0 on the cheap. I had a M42-EOS adapter but the Metabones did not like it. It decided that as it was not an identifiable Canon EF lens that it would chuck a small tantrum. Pity as I also have an FD adapter and a 200mm FD f2.8 becomes a slightly longer f2.0 on this type of adapter - it surely will not work either. But I am sure an EOS 200mm f2.0 will work as a 213mm f1.4.

There must be a market for dumb wide adapters for manual lenses - correction - only for the NEX and other shorter flange focal length mounts, I don't think that there is enough room to fit the correction lenses inside the M42-LM adapter. Any EOS adapter of course needs the electronic smarts to work.

Are there any more of the older FD lenses from film days that can be had cheap and work for you?

Got a month?

I have a few already - favourites in FD - 85mm f1.8 (cheaper and more sensible size than the biggie on the GXR-M) - 100mm f2.0 (a little doll of a lens - recomended) - 200mm f2.8 (people don't buy long telephotos for EVIL type cameras - they are missing out on a beauty here - it is not that huge anyway) - 20mm f2.8 (sssh don't tell anyone - you will drive the price up - a great lens) I also have a little adapter here - a Japanese Zykkor FD to EOS EF with a lens in it. Have not used it as I was not really that interested in putting FD lenses on my Canon dslr bodies - I have EF lenses good enough I don't need to lash up FD ones for kicks. The FD lenses were GXR-M toys. But now I have jumped to the "Cannybones" I can possibly put that 20mm f2.8 on the NEX as much the same effective focal length but now at f2.0 specifications. Choices, choices, no time for photography, must go find me a rodeo ...

Too wet at the moment - floods everywhere. Will dry up soon enough. Tomorrow the rain may have stopped and I can go and see what those 10 metre waves they reported have been doing. Been a rough week here for those further up north.

Yes, and I still love my GXR. I am now scared half to death that Ricoh after such a long drought will suddenly announce something irresistable! Hang on Mr Ricoh, no rush ....

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
ogl
ogl
ogl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow