Ineed your advice... Pentax Q?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
miles green
miles green Veteran Member • Posts: 6,580
Re: Ineed your advice... Pentax Q?

Sorry to hear the crisis hit you so hard. We've been affected here in Greece too.

From what you say, your No. 1 priority is candid portraits, and of course your little daughter.

I also have a little addiction to prime lens: 10 of them, for my K5, and yes that includes the 3 amigos.

I still don't have a Q (mine is in the mail), so don't take my word for this...

My first thought for you is the Pentax K-01 (which i don't own either). There is a huge sale going on in the US, a K-01 + 40xs for about 320 USD.  I hope this sale makes to Europe. The 40 xs has a very good reputation. Then you can add some legacy lens, which costs little, and if you decide to sell again, you get almost all your money back. Old primes are very nice for portraits. They render with character, which is important for portraits, more so than sharpness. Playing with old K lens and M42's is fun! And the K-01 is an excellent tool for the job.

That said, i'm really looking forward to the Q. i got mine with the zoom. It fits in my coat pockets easily. I'll probably get the 06 zoom as well shortly.

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Pentax FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow