DP2M In Perspective

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
aman74 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,002
Re: DP2M In Perspective

DMillier wrote:

I'm not making assumptions, or suggesting for one moment that it is reasonable to market equipment with poor specs on the grounds it's a photographic hairshirt virtue. Far from it, that's scraping the barrel of excuses in my opinion. I think we are in agreement on this.

All I'm doing is passing on a recommendation for some insightful advice on photographic practice in the hope it might be useful.

Fair enough, sorry if I made that assumption, but it seemed reasonable since you're post was directed towards me. I'm glad we're in agreement and I'll check out the info you referred to. As I said, there's nothing inherently wrong with these types of thought exercises designed to get us thinking creatively. I do like to set parameters to keep focus, I just get tired of the posts that make up every excuse in the book for what's considered poor performance today.

Personally, I'm not too inhibited by this type of camera in most cases. I'd be on a tripod a lot anyhow. That's doesn't mean I downplay the significance of modern performance either. Or go about pointing out how people had to do it in the past, etc... I suppose I could make myself feel better about my slow and poor in low light camera by saying "well, I grew up with ASA 400 film max, so this is great", but I'm not wired that way.

If it were physically possible to have ultimate image quality without a tripod and in your pocket, do you think these old 8x10 masters wouldn't be all over it? Not directed at you DMillier, but to the thread in general. I just don't see the point in these types of original posts. I believe in work smarter not harder. I strive to push my art with the best tools possible, that's not something to be ashamed of.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow