DP2M In Perspective

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
victorgv Senior Member • Posts: 1,489
Re: DP2M In Perspective

DMillier wrote:

No light meter in my first camera and no focusing aids. Your focusing aid was a tape measure, your lightmeter a little box with a waggly needle on it you held in your other hand. I wonder what happened to my old Boots Beirette. Shutter speeds from 1/30 to 1/125th. Still got a Jessops CdS handheld meter.

Followed up that lot with an advanced Zenith E SLR with built in selenium meter. It wasn't coupled at all, you read the value off the scale on the top plate and turned a knob that was a little calculator dial that suggested an aperture and shutter speed which you could set yourself. I actually still have an older Zenith B model without the lightmeter today...

-- hide signature --

Cool i had Exacta SLR from my father actually camera was older than me he did some infrared photography in 50's with it. Loved it 50mm F1.2 from 1/1000 to 12sec plus B and Z if i remember right. No pentaprism you had to look down. Sadly had to leave it in Russia in 92.

victorgv's gear list:victorgv's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow