Please help with a purchase

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP joaquin100 Senior Member • Posts: 1,735
Re: Please help with a purchase

bmori wrote:

both your cameras probably suffer from rolling shutter effect and so will appear less smooth than a dedicated camcorder. Plus nikon autofocus is probably not as good as a dedicated camcorder for video work.

This is the Draw backs i do not know and i am thank full you pointed that. The specs. from the NEX 5N says 50p capable and this is also the best performance from the Panasonic isnt?

Sony NEX-5N Basic Video Specs

• 1,920 x 1,080 (Full HD), 1,440 x 1,080 (Anamorphic HD) and 640 x 480 (VGA) recording
  • MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 compression, either High Profile (AVCHD) for Full HD, or Main Profile for lower-res video
  • AVCHD recorded at 60p, 60i or 24p on NTSC models; 50p, 50i or 25p on PAL models
  • MPEG-4 1,440 x 1,080 recorded at 30p on NTSC models, 25p on PAL models; VGA is 30p regardless of region
  • Autofocus functions during movie recording, with any NEX-series lenses

As to format if you pick a camera that had a good high quality MP4 output you should be good for crossing over playback and editing on nearly all platforms.

I will go for IQ even if i have to upgrade my PC (i plan to add a Beamer in the Package )i mean, AVCHD seems to be the way to go.

In Paper i dont see sensible advantage in either system (i am not good enough to take advantage of the bigger NEX sensor) and probably the Panny Image S. is noticeable better than the one in the NEX and that is the Deal breaker.

I am puzzled...

"Using the 18-55mm kit lens, even in extremely quiet scenes, we were unable to hear any trace of the IS system in the NEX-5N's captured sound track."

Cheers

Joaquin

cheers

Bill

@Jezebel thank you for the Links, useful comparisons there.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow