Crucial Lens/Accessories for First Trip With NEX-6 (Costa Rica)

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
sublimelobc
sublimelobc New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Crucial Lens/Accessories for First Trip With NEX-6 (Costa Rica)

I was in Costa Rica this past December, took down my Nex 7 and the 18200le , the zeiss 24, the 50mm, and the 16 w/ fisheye.  I kept the 18200 on the camera most of the time, because of it's reach advantage for things like birds and monkeys.  I love shooting landscapes, your sigma lenses will suit you well for that.  I don't have the sigma lenses, but my 24 is my favorite landscape lens. I found that just for the convenience factor, many of my landscapes were taken with my 18200.

I would recommend having a very large ziplock bag to fold up and carry around with you, if (when) rain comes quickly it is a lifesaver.

Costa Rica is much more safe for travel than other latin american destinations, but theft is common and anybody that leaves things unattended will find that out very quickly. An example of what not to do would be leaving camera gear on the beach with your towel while you jump in the water. Plan ahead and just carry your point and shoot if you think you might want to be getting in the water. (or better yet, your gopro and take it with you in the water)

The locations in Costa Rica that I enjoyed the most for taking pictures were:

Arenal Volcano (the springs resort, tabacon resort are very nice)

La Paz waterfalls

Beaches around Montezuma/Santa Teresa (the whole nicoya peninsula has great beaches)

Have fun, Pura Vida!

Here is a quick link to some of my pictures from a backpacking adventure in Corcovado in December:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151391416482704.541843.658267703&type=1&l=ddae383759

Ryan

sublimelobc's gear list:sublimelobc's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow