Crucial Lens/Accessories for First Trip With NEX-6 (Costa Rica)

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ray Maines
Ray Maines Veteran Member • Posts: 4,055
Re: Crucial Lens/Accessories for First Trip With NEX-6 (Costa Rica)

Speezy wrote:

I've had my NEX-6 for about a month now, although I haven't had as much time to get used to it as I would like. This is my first ILC, ... I am heading to Costa Rica for a week in April though and am trying to stock up on the essentials for the trip.

Have:

Lots and lots of stuff ...................

Depends on the scope of your trip.

If you're on a professional photography paid assignment you need all that's on your list and more, but if you (and especially if you have a girl friend / wife with you) are on a pleasure vacation you have already listed WAY too much stuff.

From your list: You need the camera and 16-50 lens, two extra batteries, one charger, a bag to put it in, maybe a Gorilla Pod (a bean bag would work), a CP filter would be nice but good luck finding any decent quality 40.5 mm filters.

You might want to think about the 55-200 mm telephoto lens and extra memory cards. Maybe an iPad to back your pictures up to would be good too. iPads are pretty cool because you can do email and simple computer stuff not related to photography that can make a vacation work better.

You've got all the stuff you really need right now. Let your CC cool off for a bit and go take some pictures.  Load up your LowPro backpack and walk around your home town and/or take public transportation as though you were a tourist for eight to ten hours and see what equipment you used, didn't use, and what equipment you wish you had.

Be sure to report back, and especially report back after the vacation with some pictures. Good luck.

-- hide signature --

Buy books, not gear.
Tacoma, Washington, USA

Ray Maines's gear list:Ray Maines's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow