Simple OMD versus GH3.

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 4,649
I'm sure Frank:-)

FrankS009 wrote:

I think you make the case well for the EM5 as a compromise camera - bigger than the small Panasonic bodies, smaller than the GH3 and a bit lighter (except maybe with grip) but one can use the grip or not.

You are happy with your EM5 and I am glad; but for myself, if I want a small body, I want a specialized small body. And if I want a larger body, i want a specialized large body. For those of us in northern climes, does one buy sets of both winter and summer tires, or one set of compromise "all season" ones? It is a matter of choice. But it is a good idea not to confuse winter and summer tires.

F.

I only have one set of tires (living somewhat in northern climes):-) All those with winter tires tend to drive too fast...because they think they're safe in our winter. More accidents happen:-)

I do suspect however, that the Panasonic is a wonderfull camera (IQ and handling). Possibly  feeling more comfortable in my hands than a OM-D without grip. Could have been my camera at the moment, but I do not care for video and my user experience with Olympus/Zuiko is very possitive. Beside that, I already had the OM-D when the GH3 came out and I never use more than one camera.  I think the GH3 will get more credits in time.

Happy shooting!

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Alpha 7R II Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow