Panasonic Lumix GH2 Settings Tips

Started Jan 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP motionfull Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Panasonic Lumix GH2 Settings Tips

Rambalac wrote:

motionfull wrote:

Rambalac , thank you for the feedback on the GH3. As I posted above, besides experimenting with the GH2, I am also considering whether I should exchange it with a GH3. Have you used the GH line personally? If yes, would I be missing on something if I returned the GH2 and got the GH3? Are people already professionally reviewing the GH3? Online there is a lot on the GH2 and lots of good stuff that impressed me as a future film maker but not much on the GH3.

I have both GH2 and GH3.

GH2 has only one small good point - 2x3 aspect is a bit wider than GH3. But still that points above make me to prefer GH3 over GH2, even Level and Electronic shutter could be enough. G5 could be an alternative, as I'm not using video much, but its manual controls are too limited for me.

Probably GH3 price is too high for now, so it would be wiser to wait few months, but I could not stop myself after playing almost 1 hour at the shop.

Rambalac, thanks. I am lucky asking the right guys. I am leaning towards this GH3 more and more. I read about its features and found a couple of videos. A few months I could wait if need be. Given the history pricing trend of new cameras introduced to the market, how significant would the drop in price be in a few months, (if you have an idea)? I rather return this one and wait a few months than regret in a few months that I didn’t do that. My actual school and personal projects do not start till the summer. Yet if the price drop usually takes long, I rather just buy it now and start learning. Price trends, I will Google J!

P.s: If you don’t mind me asking, how much was your GH3? In a store? If yes, North America?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow