The End Of My X-Pro Era

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Tom Ames Contributing Member • Posts: 957
Re: The End Of My X-Pro Era

I see the difference myself in AF performance between my D800 and my X-E1.

I have ended up selling of the expensive 2.8 Nikon zooms and invested the money in the Z system. But have kept some of the Nikon system until I see where the X system goes with future camera releases. The lenses seems very good and I'm about the get the 14mm in addition to the 18-55 and 35.

For low light, macro and fast AF I have the D800 + 85mmG1-8 + 50mmAFS1.4 and will add 105 2.8VR Macro (am still debating if I should try the 60mm Fuji)

For convenience, travel, wideangle (when I get the 14mm) I have the X-E1 with 18-55, 35mm1.4 and soon the 14mm. Will most likely add the 50-200 tele that is coming this spring.

With this setup I will be covered until I see where Fuji is within 1or 2 years from now. It will enable me to switch back to Nikon FF or sell of all Nikon and get the complete Fuji X range of lenses + the Zeiss 12mm I yearn for

Tom Ames's gear list:Tom Ames's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R II Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.4 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
KRR
KRR
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jrk
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow