X20 - alternatives anyone ?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evoprox
evoprox Senior Member • Posts: 1,469
X20 - alternatives anyone ?

Now that I've sold my NEXes (5, 5n, 7) and some more gear, left with nothing but my trusty X10 I'm still torn between the X20 and the OM-D (E-PL5). I really don't want to own more than one, relatively compact, fast and flexible camera that serves all my photographic needs, including clean large (20+ inches) prints. Someone else mentioned the Panny GX1 a while ago but I'd prefer the Olys ... faster AF ?!, flip screen, Oly jpgs and colors (skin!). Next to the X20 (X10) the OM-D with a standard zoom seems fairly large, but that's about the only drawback that holds me back from buying it. We all have to wait and see if Fuji holds up to their promises, but if they do the X20 could be the new king of compact cams and the only way to top its IQ and speed, while keeping it relatively compact would lead straight into m43 territory.

Have I overlooked something ? Anything new on the horizon ? (Canon's G1X and the RX100 don't cut it for me)

evoprox's gear list:evoprox's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha a7 II
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD kwa_photo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow