a580 + Sony 16-50/2.8 samples needed

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
TheVoid Senior Member • Posts: 1,638
Re: a580 + Sony 16-50/2.8 samples needed

I really like the multi-frame noise reduction and live view with level & focus zoom for landscape/cityscape work.  I think the focus peaking on the a77 might be better though, from what I've read.

And I like that I probably own Sony's last true DSLR. I debated heavily between the a580 and the a55 when they were both new on the market and the a55 got all the press coverage and honors for being revolutionary, but the a580 felt better in my hands and balances nicely with most lenses I've put on it. It also didn't look ridiculous with a rented 70-400G -- quite a nice combo actually.

Interesting that you pointed out the skin tones -- I have run into issues with that as well, but I blame it on my white balance settings and not the camera. If you are shooting in a studio or controlled light environment I think the camera is flexible enough to fine tune to your liking; in any event that's one thing you have quite a lot of control in with PP also, especially if you shoot RAW.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy

TheVoid's gear list:TheVoid's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow