a580 + Sony 16-50/2.8 samples needed

Started Jan 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
EarthQuake Senior Member • Posts: 2,382
Re: a580 + Sony 16-50/2.8 samples needed

clarkt wrote:

Can anyone offer any sample photos for this combo, or links to them? They seem to be few and far between in the web. Also, if you use this combo please comment on your experience. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

-=C
http://cthompson.zenfolio.com
"The wind blows over the surface of the lake. In this way, the effects of the invisible are made visible." … I Ching

I've got an A580 and Tamron 17-50/2.8, which is a very nice lens, sharp, and small/light weight for its class.

Personally I wouldn't consider the Sony 16-50mm with an a580 because:

1. The Sony is more expensive, larger and heavier

2. The Sony is weather sealed, but the A580 isn't, so you're not getting that benefit.

3. The Sony has quiet focusing, which IMO is best for video and not essential for stills. The A580 doesn't AF in video mode anyway, so again, you're not really getting that benefit.

I think the Sony makes loads of sense paired with the A77. For the A580? I would save $300 and buy a used Tamron. For around the cost of the Sony 16-50, you can pick up a used Tamron 11-18mm and 17-50mm, just something to consider.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow