A 'hidden cost' of being a pro Locked

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,484
Re: A 'hidden cost' of being a pro

Biggs23 wrote:

cajuncc wrote:

I hate to be "that guy," but this is why more and more professionals are using Macs. Not to say they never have problems or anything, but I recently upgraded my 5-year-old iMac to a brand new MacBook Pro. Loss of productive time? Maybe an hour or two copying things over. Time Machine keeps all my important stuff backed up. No screwing with drivers, hardware incompatibility, serial numbers, pre-loaded junk, etc, etc.

The up-front cost is a little higher, but you know you're getting quality hardware and the hours you lose screwing with a windows PC are worth a lot more than the difference in price.

I've never spent more than 3-5 hours upgrading from one PC to another. Macs are no faster than that, either.

Not counting the time it takes Migration Assistant to do its (unattended) thing, I usually need no more than 30 minutes to tweak a new Mac. The length of time MA requires depends on the amount of data being transferred...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
eNo
eNo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow