Canon G2X

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,853
Re: Getting it right by innovation and keeping up with the times

Jostian,

Thanks for reinforcing my point. I don't think he bothered reading my post. I imagine he would argue that the perfect sensor with 100% quantum efficiency placed in a pinhole camera made with a cardboard box and a piece of aluminum foil is the best camera in the world. Nevermind the QE number does not tell us anything about pixel density, detail resolving ability, quality of the bayer color filter, microlenses, processing algorithms used for demosaicing or color processing, etc. Colors have to be created by software since they are not intrinsicly obvious to a black and white sensor (as they all are) and because one sensor doesn't record a color, when detail falls across one color and not the others a demosaicing algorithm has to figure out where the edges are in order to avoid bizarre color effects in the final image. That and a million other things going on in hardware and software that there is no reason to discuss in more detail. He doesn't get it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jim
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow