Canon PowerShot G15 - User's Perspective

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
VT
VT OP Contributing Member • Posts: 640
Re: Canon PowerShot G15 - User's Perspective

shuttervelocity wrote:

In the last few shots, was flash used? If not, for the size, the g15 is a clear winner in my books. I'd rather take the g15 in a pocket than my slt-a55 with 18-270. lol

Sam, no flash used - all those shots have EXIF attached - I think if you hover your mouse over the pics toward the lower left corner - it will show the partial EXIF data.

I like the G15 a lot as you probably surmised - but in the comparison with my dSLR, the G15 shows a greenish cast, the tone of the dSLR shots is so much better to my eyes, also the noise/grain at ISO5000 for the dSLR is actually better than the G15 at ISO1600 - but we're not actually comparing apples to apples.

I would find the results from the G15 more than acceptable even in those low light conditions - but since I do have a choice I much prefer to use my dSLR (Pentax K-x and now K-5) which have served me well for over 3 years on a weekly basis, because they are simply better tools for the situation.

To see more of those low light shots with discussion - please click on link1 and link2

or see these album4 , album3 , album2 , album1

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
VT
(unknown member)
VT
(unknown member)
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow