How can any wedding photographer get the shots with the 800?

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shaun_Nyc
Shaun_Nyc Senior Member • Posts: 2,279
Re: How can any wedding photographer get the shots with the 800?

RP McMurphy wrote:

Kerry Pierce wrote:

RP McMurphy wrote:

OK, sorry, didn't realise that weddings were fast action sports events

They aren't, IME, but that doesn't mean that high FPS can't be useful in weddings and like events.

If you read what I wrote I did say "FPS only" as a reason for noth moving to D800. If you want FPS then, granted, the D800 maybe a little slow for spray and pray; but I didn't think wedding photographers needed to capture 'action'.

I don't think it's really necessary to be so demeaning of those who have different wants and needs than you. The d800 is a fine camera, but there are instances where shots will be lost due to the slow frame rate, even on single portraits, but more frequently on group shots, where you're trying to get a shot where everyone has their eyes open and their mouths shut, with a nice smile perhaps.

It's not a huge deal, but it's not a welcome change to those accustomed to having a faster camera like the d700. I like my d800, but I wish it had the same capability of my d700.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Of course it can be useful, but I did say that EXCEPT for FPS it's a perfect camera imo, he then said psst what about weddings like it's incapable of shooting weddings UNLESS it has high FPS

You really should try to read things properly first before jumping on the bandwagon

Hey rude UK person you should try to read & comprehend a bit yourself. I said the camera has buffer problems for 75mg 14 bit raws. Where did I say Fps ? 4 fps is not the problem for events, its getting the files out of the camera before it locks up. As kerry said, sometimes we want that perfect emotion or that huge family shot w everyones eyes actually open. You havent the foggiest, stick w the kids big mouth

Shaun_Nyc's gear list:Shaun_Nyc's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow