SIGN PETITION Nikon d600 dust on sensor

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Stacey_K Veteran Member • Posts: 8,813
Re: Pointless and unproven

antoineb wrote:

The number of complaints seem to be about the same for all cameras, suggesting that buyers of more expensive cameras complain more, either because they're more demanding, or because they feel more guilty having spent all that money.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. The people with the pro models understand this is part of the deal, clean the sensor as needed and get about their work. D600 customers are the consumers who expect perfection.

I agree that a few people seem to have extreme cases but many of these "worst I have ever seen" examples, I can't even see the spots they are talking about. Even as they shoot an out of focus white wall at F22 and max out the contrast in PS.

One point people also don't seem to understand is: what would be worse is if they didn't oil the mechanism enough. I would rather deal with some oil splatter for the first 1000 or so frames than have it running dry and die after a couple of years.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Sony a7 +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow