Making the most of the camera gear you HAVE

Started Jan 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,417
Re: Making the most of the camera gear you HAVE

Hello Heather. I made the mistake of buying lenses before I knew I needed them. So, leson learned there. My biggest, but unfortunately not my only fault, is poor composition, usually getting too much detail in the shot. You seem to have a good grip on what you need, to become a good photographer. I only took it up 15 months ago so I don't beat myself up when thing s go wrong, as they often do. I think if I had stuck with the lenses I had at first, which were the 3 you have now, I would have learned a lot quicker. MAC has suggested you go to Manual mode, & even as a relative novice, I have to agree with him. I started with the Auto green square mode, but didn't feel comfortable. I went to Manual after extensive reading about exposure, & countless mistakes & poorly executed shots, but eventually got the hang of it. I feel I am a bit more knowledgeable about exposure than if I had stayed in Auto mode. I am, however, stuck with a lot of nicely exposed, but poorly composed images. There is always something else to learn. It's a good job I relish a challenge.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow