Fogo Island Freeze-Up - My First A57 Photo!

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
camperbc
camperbc Senior Member • Posts: 2,072
Fogo Island Freeze-Up - My First A57 Photo!

I finally got out for some brief picture taking yesterday; the first time my health has allowed me to venture outside in about three months. (Yikes!) Although the sun was shining overhead, in the distance you can see a fast-approaching bank of heavy snow squalls. It was a bitterly cold day, but I managed to get down to our shore, quickly fire off about eight shots, then hightail it back to the warmth of our humble abode. The thermometer registered a nippy -14C, and with the wind blowing off the mighty North Atlantic at a fierce 90+ km/hour it felt closer to -30. As if these conditions weren't bad enough, our entire island's electricity was knocked out for some 19 hours, while temperatures dipped to almost -20C through the night. Thank goodness we own a generator!

But I was determined to get outside and experiment, if just for a few moments, with my latest camera; a new A57 that had arrived at my door a couple days prior. I attached my trusty Samyang 8mm fisheye for this ultra wide-angle capture of the newly frozen bay directly in front of my house on Fogo Island, a one hour ferry ride off the northeast coast of Newfoundland.

So here is my very first photo taken with my A57. Needless to say, I'm already enjoying this nice addition to my collection of Alphas. (A200, A500, A550, A57)

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

Pentax K-m (K2000) Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow