A57 Replacement coming? Features?....

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Seeky Contributing Member • Posts: 925
Re: ANSWER To Carl question

Photostyle wrote:

‚Äč I 's a surprice to me that you did not heard about that , it's even already a patent from Sony see this link : http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr3-next-generation-slt-cameras-coming-with-mirror-flip-up-mode-with-patent/

The flip up mode would bring the SLT technology to perfection. I was astounded by the fact that Sony even would consider such a thing. Depending on the flip up mechanism, the ISO performance will be on par with everyone in mirror up mode, and will provide fast still/video AF with mirror down.

However, I also think that an addition of the flip up mechanism requires an expensive and sensitive part to the SLT setup inducing a higher price.

There surely are also options to improve AF by including on sensor PDAF (like A99), and by firmware upgrades the successor of the A57 can be improved by including AF micro adjust, ISO min/max settings, memory recall modes and more customizable buttons.

Seeky's gear list:Seeky's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha a7 II Sony a6300 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow