What would cause you to switch to canon?

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
McCool69 Regular Member • Posts: 257
Re: What would cause you to switch to canon?

I don't think my photos will be any better or worse with Canon than they are with Nikon - both systems are capable of delivering great results if you learn how to use them properly.

The way Nikon has handled the whole D600-oil/dust-issue on the other hand is something that will have a major impact on my decision the next time I am going to upgrade my camera body. My next camera will most likely be the first DSLR I buy that isn't a Nikon - and I have used Nikon gear exclusively since the D70 appeared in 2004.

Their way of pretending that nothing is wrong when a issue has been reported time and time and time again has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth - I don't feel like I can trust Nikon anymore.

The issue doesn't seem to appear in all cameras, but the flood waves of reports clearly shows that these aren't isolated issues that happen in a just few cameras either. I have one of the dreaded self-dirtifying D600's myself, and I am sick and tired of cleaning it every 2-300 exposures - and every single time seeing that it is way dirtier than I have ever had any of my previous 4-5 Nikon DSLRs be even after thousands of exposures.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
TOF guy MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow