I'm an idiot: Dropped my OM-D

Started Jan 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,425
Re: I'm an idiot: Dropped my OM-D

Dave Sanders wrote:

So, result: big dent on the rear left corner, smaller dent on the front right. The steel surrounding the LCD is also slightly dented on the lower left corner. Lens unscathed...totally fine. Not even a scratch on it. Camera seems to work just fine...AF, IBIS, etc. still functioning and the 50 or so photos I took on the walk home all seem OK. Tough little camera. While I'm disappointed my new camera has a battle scar, the fact that there are only superficial wounds to the OM-D and the photographers psyche is justification enough for buying a camera with a more substantial build quality.

Colour me impressed.

Totally agree that m4/3 cameras are amazingly well built (some, anyway) ... I literally smashed my GF3 to the ground from my full height (as I was falling, so I whipper it at the end of its wrist strap) and then dropped it from chest height a few weeks later ... basically should have destroyed it.

Tons of damage and it still works like new ... go Panny ...

The G5 went too ... but all it did was bounce for about 20 feet ... no big deal ... also works like new.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow