Best DSLR + lens combo for low light, indoor kid shots

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
GARY FONG INC
GARY FONG INC Regular Member • Posts: 223
Re: Gary Fong picks Sony for his kids
I watched the movie, and it seems that a lot of it is inaccurate. It talks about "OLED sensor" - BS, there is no such thing as "OLED sensor". Sony A77 has OLED EVF though. It has nothing to do with tracking, except lagging a little behind the subject. The author is talking about 12 fps with tracking and face recognition - it is BS, 12 fps on A77 is only available with exposure lock, in 'Continuous Advance Priority AE' (similar to the 9 fps mode on OM-D). If you want continuous tracking AF with preview (so EVF would show you the subject and the focus frame), similar to 4 fps mode on OM-D, it is 3 fps only on A77.

Right.  I called it an OLED sensor, what I was meaning was the OLED viewfinder.  And I often call the high speed mode the 12fps mode, and in addition to what you said above, the focus also has to be locked.

However, in this shot series, the lens was wide open, so it actually was shooting in CAF/P mode.

I should call it high speed drive, but that is the max.  It's like when someone tells you your broadband will have a 9bps download, but that's a max.  (your times may vary)

-- hide signature --

Gary Fong
Inventor of the Lightsphere

GARY FONG INC's gear list:GARY FONG INC's gear list
Olympus E-10 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Nikon D7100 +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow