A77 flash overexposure problems: hypothesis

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Harvey Senior Member • Posts: 1,489
Re: A77 flash overexposure problems: hypothesis

MarkyM wrote:

LSHorwitz1 wrote:

It also seemed odd to me that the Metz 58 Sony version worked great with my a55 and NEX7 but worked terribly with the a77 until a new firmware update from Metz was installed to the flash. Then suddenly the Metz flash worked totally fine with the a77.

This is another clue pointing towards faulty firmware in the Sony flashes.

If that firmware is not field updatable, it is no wonder Sony is keeping quiet about this issue.

It happens with the internal flash. Surely that is updateable. I also seem to recall (could be wrong) that it happened with Sigmas. Only the Metz has been identified as not having problem.

Also odd that the A57 and A37 (and a99, but that may not be relevant as sony have been messing with the hotshoe) are not reported to have problems, and they would use the same flash hardware/firmware.

I am not saying that you are wrong, just that there seem to be many factors that seem support or contradict each hypothesis put forward.

Tom Harvey's gear list:Tom Harvey's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow