A 'hidden cost' of being a pro Locked

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
OP PenguinPhotoCo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,284
95/5 rule

I've upgraded computers DOZENS of times over the year - DECADES is more accurate. I started working with PCs in the fall of 1983 - so nearly 30 years experience with them.
95% of the time it's not an issue. But that other 5%....

Like when your car has issues or you get something at your house fixed - you may go in thinking it's a cheap, simple, fast repair only to find out no, it's not. I've got a furnace issue - been going on for SIX WEEKS NOW. I called a pro...and another one...and am about to call a third. Each claims to be an expert and know exactly what is wrong...yet so far they don't know squat.
Sure, I can do it myself - or call a pro. So it's MY TIME or MY MONEY - and MY BUSINESS sits unable to do anything in the mean time. My experience with calling pros has been maybe 70% successful - be that car repairs, house repairs (house painting, roofing, driveway paving, plumbing, electrical and more). I've been to bad dentists, quack doctors and bad barbers.
So yeah I chose to do it myself - rahter than pay and still have issues that suck up my time.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or it's administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me of course)

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
eNo
eNo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow