Fuji asks for help with Adobe on X-Trans support

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
liquid stereo
liquid stereo Veteran Member • Posts: 7,265
SilkyPix works but...

Trevor G wrote:

liquid stereo wrote:.

Fuji is the loser here. (Users too.)

That being said, Lightroom fully supports the X-Trans but its less-than-ideal raw conversion.

I don't think Fuji is losing much. They bundle software that still does the best job of processing X-Trans RAW files. The user-losers are those who simply refuse to deal with it, or even try it. It's not at all hard to use and it does a magnificent job:

What do you think?

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

SilkyPix does the best but, people are wedded to their software, libraries and work-flow. I'm not against trying something different. And, personally, I'm quite happy with the X-Pro1 JPEG performance. (Plus over 12+ years of files  in Aperture, books, light-tables, etc... I'm not moving to anything new unless it is crucial.)

My sole issue is that every now and again I blow an exposure — primarily unevenly-lit faces, etc. — and I want to correct it in post-processing. If Fuji offered a great flash for the X-Pro1 I wouldn't be so bothered but... they don't. So now, when I do portraiture I make sure I use my Canon, even though the X-Pro1 is infinitely better.

Cheers!

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow