Fuji asks for help with Adobe on X-Trans support

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mr Gadget Senior Member • Posts: 1,973
Re: Fuji asks for help with Adobe on X-Trans support

Asylum Photo wrote:

It appears to me that Fuji is losing significant sales because of Adobe's poor demosaicing. I assume this is why camera makers stick to Bayer, because they don't want to lose customers due to Adobe, Apple, DxO, etc ignoring their sensors.

I assume we'll see Fuji ditch X-Trans in a generation or two if they hope to keep the XF line of cameras alive.

-- hide signature --

It is truly unfortunate that we have arrived at a point in time where a complacent  bloatware company can stifle new imaging technologies just by sitting on their hands and doing what they do best ... nothing. If Adobe is setting the pace for technological innovation in the imaging industry then we as users wont see much in the way of new ideas or equipment.

Adobe has managed to eliminate or marginalize all of its competitors in the imaging market and now they are insuring the status quo so that they wont have to spend their resources supporting new ideas or technologies for the good of their customers.

Being the hardcore skeptic that I am, I would not doubt that CaNikonY is paying Adobe not to support XTrans. I would not put it past them, monopolies, serve no good.

-- hide signature --

Conrad --------------------------------------------------- Show Low, Arizona

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow