How not having a gun de-escalated the situation...

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
FeedMe Senior Member • Posts: 2,474
Re: How not having a gun de-escalated the situation...

papillon_65 wrote:

I have no issues with this story - I just don't see it as a perfect example of negotiating a way out of the problem.

I never said it was a perfect example, just an example of how negotiation can also overcome the same problem.

(Shakes hand)

There we go - we CAN agree.. it's an example, a decent one if not great..

I still think it worked so well because he was pretty ready to give it up anyway.
It'd be very dangerous to try it with a real nut.

Mind you - THEY didn't know this, so my view doesn't take away from their bravery.

-- hide signature --

Delirium is the youngest of the endless. She smells of sweat, sour wines, late nights, old leather.
Her realm is close and can be visited; however human minds were not made to comprehend her domain, those who've made the journey have been incapable of reporting back more than the tiniest fragments.

-- hide signature --

Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

-- hide signature --

Delirium is the youngest of the endless. She smells of sweat, sour wines, late nights, old leather.
Her realm is close and can be visited; however human minds were not made to comprehend her domain, those who've made the journey have been incapable of reporting back more than the tiniest fragments.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow