My Yellow Brick Camera Arrived

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
britcam Senior Member • Posts: 2,460
Re: My Yellow Brick Camera Arrived

rogerstpierre wrote:

I wondered the very same thing when I got my K-01 (Congratulation on the new brick), being used to using AF focus mode with manual lenses with my K10D, entirely relying on the focus lock feedback. With the K-01, as soon as you put a manual lens on the camera, the AF function cease and you are expected to rely solely on Focus Peaking. For that reason, Catch-In Focus is not possible with the K-01. I do wish AF feedback would still be possible, even if it meant that Focus Peaking isn't available concurrently.

-- hide signature --

I am increasingly using MF when I'm looking for more precision than AF might give. A tap on the OK button to bring up the enlarged area, quick focus, half pressure on the shutter button to check framing, then shoot.

I have FP assigned to the green button, and that is good for certain subjects, but MF is so quick & easy that there really isn't any need for a focus confirm lamp on the K-01. I also have a K30, and for that, a confirm lamp is definitely needed with its OVF.

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow