The Red Dot Invasion on my LX7 - What to do?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
runswithsquirrels New Member • Posts: 4
The Red Dot Invasion on my LX7 - What to do?

I was excited to take out my new LX7 for a trial run at sunrise today. To my dismay, just as the sun came over the horizon (or from behind the mountain as the case may be) the screen was filled with red dots. I downloaded the many photos at home, and it was WORSE than I expected. I tried different modes, the dots when from red, to yellow, or fuzzy. I adjusted the aperature, as I squeezed out the light the dots went away. They were present anytime I shot with the sun at frame.

I'm a sunrise and sunset running photographer, I got this camera for its 1.4 and small size for running. The question is, is this a defective camera, is it something in the mirrored lens, something in the sensor (as was implied on an Olympus post), or is this simply a camera that will not work for me. The other options I had were the FZ200 (big) and G3 (start investing in lenses which I'd have to carry), but for what I do, I thought the LX7 would fit the bill.

Anyone else experience this problem? Has anyone tried a polarized filter? Or is it simply inherent in this design?

Thanks so much, and enjoy the shots!

From any angle, and any aperature, I couldn't escape the red dots. Note, the sun is only partially above the "horizon." Thoughts?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow