If you had to start from scratch, what would you do?

Started Jan 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
MASTERPPA Contributing Member • Posts: 867
Re: If you had to start from scratch, what would you do?

Nikon, lately, is not looking that great on product quality, at least the 600 and 800.

If I had it all to do over, I would still get the 5DIII, 600RT and new 24-70 2.8 II.

For weddings, and since I am 100% raw shooter, nothing beats the 5DIII for the price.

NOW, if I was a LANDSCAPE only shooter, it would be the D800 all the way

CES1 wrote:

My answer, though not as technical as most others will offer, is to recommend you go with Nikon! In the last year, I have sent in my (1 year old) 5D Mark II twice, my 550D in three times, my 70-200 IS (brand new) in once.....If I did not have so much invested with canon, I would start over in a heartbeat. Canon is known for great customer service, but my past experiences have been terrible! I may sound like a disgruntled Canon user who only points out the negatives, and maybe I am...lol -

I take very good care of my equipment and I don't think it is a coincidence that I have had so many issues, constantly - it must speak volumes to the quality of product Canon is putting out these days.

Good luck - go with NIKON!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow