new Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 again? But now with weather sealing for sports?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Christoph v Ballmoos Regular Member • Posts: 255
The "old" 120-300 f/2.8 is just a reasonably priced lens..

Hej all,

fun to see all that fighting going on.

I also bought the 120-300 OS a little more than a year ago. I like it a lot, but I would not say that I love it. It is really sharp, but really heavy though, it has a great OS, but yeah, still very heavy. It's got a great range, but still really heavy...but what the hell, for that price, I take the weight.

This is all about. Sigma made a dream come true for many hobby photographers like me. The produce a "state of the art" 300f2.8 lens with good OS, which is kind of affordable. Of course, it is way expensive, but well yeah, that price might still work... this are the thoughts of the buyer. It seems better then the EF 300/2.8 non IS, which is sold at roughly 75% of the SIGMA price. A mint EF 300/2.8 IS is still roughly 120-150% of the SIGMA price. And the new II form Canon, well no comments about that.

It is not a perfect lens. But is the BEST lens in that range that you can get for that money. And if you stop comparing it with lenses that are 150-300% of its price, you are going to be a very happy camper.

And yeah: I was happy that SIGMA did not wait to bring that lens. I wished it earlier. I wished it from Canon...

A few:

lens only

with Kenko 1.4x:

with Sigma 2x:

Christoph v Ballmoos's gear list:Christoph v Ballmoos's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow