Canon G2X

Started Jan 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,853
Logic failure

And if you'd like to offer any kind of explanation that would make sense of your statement please feel free.

How will a new M from Canon in full frame cost at least $3,200?  Is there some MSRP or exchange rate difference that I'm not accounting for?  If Canon produces the 6D for $2,000 (USD) with a 20.2MP full frame sensor, how can a full frame M cost 1.5X that based on wafer costs?  If a Canon APS-C crop sensor on an M mount camera can lead to a camera body costing well under $800 (USD) which is, at the very least, in line with the cost of Rebel bodies with the same sensor or even a less advance version (the T4i being the only one truly comparable) then I find no pattern of pricing that Canon could possibly devise in order to reach your cost estimate for the full frame M.....based on wafer restrictions imposed by full frame manufacturing.  Now, if the camera has some super new technology that dramatically increases defects and the base production cost, then maybe.  But still, I find your projections baseless.  I also find your statements about having an inside track laughable.  You won't divulge all of your secrets for fear you'd hurt the company, but you'll repeat the existing knowledge of a pro M mount and then talk about features that you're certain it will have like an articulating screen?  Because THAT kind of information is fair game?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jim
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow