SX 50 battery life

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Questions thread
Jostian
Jostian Senior Member • Posts: 2,745
Re: SX 50 battery life

howielenny wrote:

Thanks all for the input. I think it's a no brainier if I buy this camera I'll need a couple of spare batteries if I go out all day shooting. Given me a lot of food for thought. At the moment my choice is the SX 50 or Panasonic FZ 200 to have alongside my Nikon D7000. Pros and cons to both of these bridge cameras so I'll have a good think over the next couple of days before I make my mind up
Thanks for all the info on the battery life
Howie

Both of these cams are great I think, maybe not quite as good as the XS1 but then it costs a lot more, you get much better battery life (450+ shots) , decent size evf (1.44 million resolution) much better build quality etc. The FZ200 is not as plasticky as the SX50 and IQ wise the XS1 will have the edge (see comparison threads, where the XS1 at 1600 iso has better sharpness and detail than the FZ200 at 400 iso), but there ain't much in it. Cameralabs have a good comparison review between the FZ200 and the SX50 (very close) and your choice will be dependent on whats important for you but at least the review highlights these differences, I guess the massive advantage of the SX50 is the zoom, its truly amazing. But in the end its great to have a big selection to choose from, whichever way you go, good luck, they are all great.

-- hide signature --

Jostian

Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony RX10 II Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Tamron SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow