The fascination of photography is coming back by X-E1

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
fujidanny Regular Member • Posts: 168
The fascination of photography is coming back by X-E1

In the analogue film area, I used Leica R5 and Leica M6 with some of the 'cheaper' Leica glasses. Than came the digital reflex cameras and I changed to a Nikon D80 for many years. But: beside travel photography, I didn't go out just to take some nice pictures anymore. This came back, since I got the opportunity to use the X-E1 with that nice 18-55 mm lens.

Since the Olympus E-PL2 came out, I was convinced to buy an Olympus MFT camera. I wanted to adapt Leica glass. Especially, when the OM-D E5 came out. But in the shop, testing the new X-E1 versus the OM-D, i wasn't sure anymore. The OM-D with all those gimmicks: brilliant autofocus and non shaking video because of in-body-stabilization, weatherproof body and lens... The X-E1 with 'basic functionality' - just what you need to take great pictures by old school manual / semi-manual style. And: real brilliant image quality!

Finally, I took the X-E1. Because of image quality and Leica-M-style handling at an affordable price (vs. X-pro 1).

Some examples of my first month's use:

Thank You for watching! Critical comments are welcome.

-- hide signature --

--Have always fun with your x-e one

Watch more pictures on flickr:

Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Ricoh Caplio R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow