Nikon/Cannon SDK, control focus motor?
Hey all, been doing quite a bit of research and haven't found a good answer to this, so maybe you can help. This question is somewhat similar to whats discussed in this thread:
But for a different application. I'm working with the Nikon SDK right now, but the same question applies to the Cannon SDK as well.
Is it possible to step the focus motor while not in Live View? Can I step the focus motor while in Video or Continuous shooting mode? I would like the camera to behave in the normal, disconnected manner but override just the focus motor. I'm working with the SDK but my C++ is terrible so I thought I may be able to save some time by floating the question here.
Thanks for any tips - james
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%