new Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 again? But now with weather sealing for sports?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
bigfatron Contributing Member • Posts: 757
Re: new Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 again? But now with weather sealing for sports?

MICHAEL_61 wrote:

why worry so much about repairs? you have warranty and replacement value insurance to take care of that. as for resale value, camera body is much more of a problem because cameras have a much shorter life span. i think it is very unfair of canon (same as other manufacturers) to not offer investment protection plan for at least top of the range bodies.

Its more the OP that is worried about repairs/spares, hence I addressed the point he raised.

As for bodies I personally think the residuals you see on 1D family bodies is actually quite good considering their shorter lifespan (both mechanically and in terms of being superceded by newer models). The product cycle for the pro bodies is still quite reasonable for Canon, especially considering the machine gun rate that the lower end spews out new models.

bigfatron's gear list:bigfatron's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow