D800 or 8000E

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marc Heijligers Contributing Member • Posts: 531
Re: D800 or 8000E

ADMint wrote:

Please tell us you're not trying to claim those test or shots? Cause I've seen those from other places.

As you can see as part of my writing, the tests and NEFS are mentioned, and as part of the thread it should be clear those are from dpreview. I ALWAYS refer to the original sources, I never claim the sources are mine.

Marc Heijligers wrote:

I did write some on the differences in the following post: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50430514

Fayard wrote:

You can also check for yourself. DPreview has made available 2 shots of the same landscape with a D800 and a D800E with a 50mm at f5.6. The NEF can be diwnloaded here: NEF.

I did the same, and came to different conclusions and settings.

Also the screen copy doesn't do justice and it just makes them look like bad jpeg images. You would do better to link to the original source.

These are screen dumps at pixel level, or beyond pixel level, so good enough for comparison. They hardly look different in Photoshop. You have the links to the NEFs, just look for yourself.

Marc Heijligers's gear list:Marc Heijligers's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony RX100 III Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a7R II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow