nikon 1 + uwa 6.7-13 instead of uwa dx lens for my D5100 ??

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
OP mrbr Senior Member • Posts: 2,974
Re: nikon 1 + uwa 6.7-13 instead of uwa dx lens for my D5100 ??

D300SandV1shooter wrote:

mrbr wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to buy a small and lightweight nikon 1 camera to complement my D5100 and was also thinking about getting a DX uwa lens.

I would like to know your opinions about the idea of buying a nikon 1 + uwa 6.7-13 instead of uwa dx lens for my D5100 ( advantahes, disadvantages, other options ? ) ??

Thanks in advance for your responses .

Greetings,

Marc

I use my V1 mainly with the 30-110 and can definitely recommend both of those. You would probably be getting the 10-30 kit lens too, which gets knocked a bit IQ-wise on the forum, but isn't really so bad considering how cheap it is.

Regarding the UWA, if you stick with Nikkors you will be paying more for that lens than for the respective body on both DX and CX, although there are also fair third party options on DX. I think the best advice is to start off with the two lens V1 kit (if you want the tele) and wait until the CX UWA is available and gets some reviews, before deciding about that.

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion.

I will follow your advice and wait untill there is more information available from the new CX UWA lens !!

Greetings,

Marc

mrbr's gear list:mrbr's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Nikon D5100 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow