Birds in Downtown St. Pete C&C welcome.

Started Jan 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP Last Gentleman Regular Member • Posts: 160
Re: Birds in Downtown St. Pete C&C welcome.

brian14478 wrote:

Looks like your doing very well on your own...Maybe re-think compositon on a few and the moment you are taking the picture. When you see other photographs make a mental note of what you like about that image. Was it the color/the depth of field/the perspective...the overall composition and balance? the starkness..the action ect.

i have learned alot by observation and viewing images whether old b&w or new photos.

Many times it gives a different perspective or sparks an idea.

Thanks a lot that meas a lot. But Can I ask for advice on composition. For the bird shots I only have my 70-300mm lens so sometimes there's some cropping to be done but otherwise What I shoot is what I get. But I do agree with your advice on observing other people that's what I've done so far but the reason I ask for help with composition  and color too is because if I observe them do something I can only perform some of it because the rest I don't understand WHY they do it so if I don't understand WHY or sometimes how then I can't emulate them if that makes sense?

Last Gentleman's gear list:Last Gentleman's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow