Pluses and minuses of 5DIII vs. 6D???

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
DS Porter Forum Member • Posts: 82
Re: Pluses and minuses of 5DIII vs. 6D???

KENTGA wrote:

Thanks for the replies and I would appreciate comments from those who have both 5DIII & 6D. As I mentioned, I'm not a pro and the # of actvititons of the shutter won't be a problem.

If there is a link for a side-by-side review, I'd appreciate the link.

Ken6t

I've used both of the cameras and for what you'll be using it for I'd recommend the 6D. I originally purchased the 6D to take low light pictures of my kids. The high iso is incredible and the images were great. Unfortunately the AF on the 6D didn't do as good of job as tracking the kids as I'd hoped it would. My kids are 3 and 7 months and can't sit still unless the TV is on or if one of them got a hold of my phone. Trying to track my three year old was quite the challenge. After a week I decided to return it and go with the Mark III. The high iso is comparable on both cameras but there's a clear difference between the AF systems. I find it much easier to follow the kids and once the weather improves I'll be able to use it for sports.  If you'll be mainly shooting still subjects I'd save the money and get the 6D. It's a phenomenal camera.

Hope that helps. Anything specific you wanted to know about the 2 cameras?

DS Porter's gear list:DS Porter's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow