5Diii or 6D to go with 1Dmkiv

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Youtiger New Member • Posts: 20
5Diii or 6D to go with 1Dmkiv

I'm interested to know if anyone has any experience of using either a 6D or 5Diii as their FF camera to compliment a 1dMkiv body.

I use the 1D for anything where the fast AF, battery life and FPS is needed such as sports and restless children and with some good glass I cannot for the life of me think I'll ever need anything better - the limiting factor is my talent or lack of it.

However after selling my 5D I do miss FF especially with the 16-35 and it would be nice to have a second body especially for travel where a 1D is a bit over the top and portability.

Everything in theory points to a 6D being a great side kick to the 1D, but having handled it in Jessops (RIP) against a 5Diii I felt that the 5Diii felt significantly more familiar and easier to navigate when switching from the 1D especially using the joystick control and the AF reminded me of the 5D (i.e. of it's time, but not great).

I'd be really interested to hear from anyone  who has either considered or used either in combination with a 1D in the context of familiarity and handing, how easy is it to switch between the 1D and 5D/6D. At the moment I'm inclined to go with the 5Diii despite the cost/weight penalty.

Many thanks

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow