Sony a900 compared to the a700

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
tom Senior Member • Posts: 2,724
Oops

I left out the most significant advantage (for me) of the A900 (A850 and A99 also) over the A700 - The 3 user memories are located on the mode dial and memory 1, 2, or 3 are engaged directly without having to also make a selection on LCD.  With my Maxxum 7 I had many occasions where I would just set the three memories before an event (#2 - my standard settings for the event, #1 one type of option - usually a flash setting, and #3 another option).

I normally kept the camera mode dial set at #2, and since I have a bad habit of absent minded fiddling with the control dials, I would just switch the mode dial one click either way and one click back resetting the camera to my default.  Also if I wanted to take the same shot with 2 different settings, it was just shutter release - click - shutter release - and click back to normal.  With the A700 I find I use the memories much less frequently because they are not as quick or convenient to use.

tom

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tom
tom
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow