D600 kit from B&H. Did they send a returned camera?

Started Jan 12, 2013 | Questions thread
ADMint
ADMint Veteran Member • Posts: 3,655
Re: I believe your D600 has been "tried" by other B&H customer before you

Todd Jones wrote:

NikonManSoCal wrote:

B&H would NOT send you a returned product sold as new. They dispatch product from a warehouse with new stock. If they happened to do so, it would be by accident and very unlikely. Call them and ask if their new stock ships as you received it. They are very helpful normally.

I don't believe this statement at all! Especially when you understand B&H's return policy.

Ive had them on the phone regarding a return and they want EVERYTHING as you received it PERIOD!

it doesn't take the sharpest tool in the shed to figure out whats going on here.

-- hide signature --

Todd

+1

Unfortunately I've experienced a returned product sold as new from them. Luckily it wasn't a very expensive item, but still. And it is one of the reasons I won't buy anything on line from them again.

To the OP, your images are the size of postage stamps and very hard to see. You might consider this next time you decide to show examples.

Outside of that, I would definitely send the camera back if it shows signs of being used, or the box being damaged. With Nikon's "impact damage" policy being in full force these days should you have to send it to them for repairs, you'd hate to have your warranty voided because of "impact damage"

My two cents.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

ADMint's gear list:ADMint's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow